Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

ROAST PORK WITH FIGS & PEARS

I read this recipe in the Kraft foods Healthy Living fall/winter publication, and I know I have to try it. So the occasion came this Saturday when we had friends over for dinner. It was a huge success. The meat was moist and light. The baked pears and onion slices gave a wonderful flavor to the dish. Definitely is a keeper. A great dish for any occasions.








1 pork tenderloin (1 lb/450 g), trimmed
2 fresh pears, each cut lengthwise into 8 slices
1 red onion, cut into 16 wedges
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup Kraft Extra Virgin Olive Oil Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

Heat oven to 425 F.
Place meat in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Surround with pears, onions and garlic.
Bake 25 min. or until meat is done (160 F) drizzling with dressing the last 15 min.
Transfer meat to cutting board ; tent with foil. Let stand 10 min. before slicing. Serve with roasted pears and onions.

1 comment:

KETU said...

yumm! who came over?