Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, March 05, 2012

BANANA-PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

My daughter sent me these delicious cookies. 

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 small ripe banana mashed, about 1/2 cup
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup cup creamy or chunky-style reduced fat peanut butter
1 large egg
1teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat owen to 365F. Spray baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray. Combine soda and flour in a small bowl. In a medium bowl beat together banana, brown sugar, margarin spread, and peanut butter until light and fluffy using an electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture until dough forms. Shape dough in 1 inch balls, placing them 2 inch apart on baking sheets.  Using a fork dipped in flour press crisscross patterns in each cookie.



Bake cookies in batches until edges are set, about 10 min. Place baking sheets on fire rack and cool them completely.
Makes about 45 cookies.

No comments: