Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, February 04, 2013

SWEDISH SOUR CREAM CAKE RECIPE

4 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups sour cream
Confectioner’s sugar
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and lightly flour a Bundt cake pan and set aside.
Sift the flour, baking soda and cardamom together. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the eggs, beat well.
Add the flour mixture and sour cream alternately to the butter mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour. Cool 5 minutes, then remove cake from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Dust the cake lightly with confectioner’s sugar.
— From Jane Will of New Hampshire and Barbara Laur of Minnesota

No comments: