Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

POPPY CAKE

-->
My friend made this cake for us. It was delicious.  Watching her making it, it didnt seem difficult. :))

100 g butter or margarine
30 g icing sugar
1 pckage of vanillesugar
1 tsp cinnamon
a little bit of salt (if poppy is unsalted)
4 eggs
90 g sugar
150 g crunched poppy
70 g crunched hazelnuts

Beat the 4 eggwhites with 90 g sugar, put away; mix the poppy and the hazelnuts with a tsp of baking powder, put away;
Beat the butter with the yellow of eggs(?) and the vanillasugar and cinnamon and salt, put inside the poppy-nut-mixture, then the beaten eggwhite.
Put into the form and bake it about 45 – 50 minutes.
Cool it.
For cream take 500ml no fat yoghurt, 250 g of no or low fat cream cheese, 2 tblesp of lemonjuice, some vanillaextract, mix it. Solve 6 leaves of gelatine and mix it to the cream. Give it on the cake, put it into the fridge for about 2 hours.
Crunch (?) 500 g of berries, give a bit of stevia or sweetener to it, solve 5 leaves of gelatins and put it to the berries, give it onto the cream and let it cool in the fridge for about another hour.

No comments: