Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, April 01, 2013

ROSEMARY & BALSAMIC BAKED BUTTON MUSHROOMS


 This recipe and photo were created by contributor Aylin Erman of Glow Kitchen. Learn more about Aylin and this recipe by checking out her accompanying post.
Whit about two cups of crimini mushrooms on hand, I whipped out a few seasonings, a fresh herb, and balsamic vinegar to create a dish that was everything I wanted and more. Mushrooms are unique in that they are incredibly absorbent and will take on whatever flavor is added to them. For this recipe, the balsamic vinegar is tart and immediately piques the taste buds while the rosemary provides an earthy freshness. Enjoy!
Rosemary Balsamic MushroomsServes 2
What You'll Need: 
2 cups crimini mushrooms
2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
What to Do:
  1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
  2. Use a moistened kitchen or paper towel to rub of any dirt from the mushroom caps. Note: Do not rinse the mushrooms! They are extremely absorbent and will soak up the water, which will dilute their flavor taste. The wet towel technique works just fine.
  3. Place the whole mushrooms, top side down, on a baking sheet.
  4. Strip leaves from rosemary stems.
  5. Drizzle mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
  6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened and are beginning to brown.
  7. Before serving, drizzle all the mushrooms evenly with balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!

No comments: