Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

CRISPY CHICKEN WITH COLESLAW


Serves 4Hands-On Time: 10mTotal Time: 20m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the cabbage and carrots and toss to combine; set aside.
  2. Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Pound the chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to ½ inch thick; season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Coat with the flour (tapping off any excess), dip in the eggs (shaking off any excess), then coat with the bread crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere.
  3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the coleslaw and lemon wedges.
By Sue Li ,  April, 2012

No comments: