Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, July 06, 2012

SALMON WITH SWEET CHILI GLAZE


From the RealSimple website. I like this website very much because is full of easy to make, very tasty, very healthy, " my family likes too" recipes.  
Serves 4Hands-On Time: 20mTotal Time: 20m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 400ยบ F. Place the salmon on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
  2. Rub the salmon with the brown sugar, ancho chili, and ½ teaspoon salt. Roast until opaque, 12 to 15 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
  4. Add the squash, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes; fold in the scallions. Serve with the fish.
By Sara Quessenberry ,  August, 2010

No comments: