Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, July 27, 2013

BUTTERMILK COFFEE CAKE

It is a very moist cake. I used only half of the brown sugar cinnamon mix and it was sweet enough.  Very easy to make. I baked it around 40 min.



 1 box yellow cake mix
 4 eggs
 3/4 c. cooking oil
 1 c. buttermilk
 5 tbsp. brown sugar
 3 tbsp. cinnamon

Combine first 4 ingredients. Put half of batter in pan;
sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over. Put rest of batter on top.
Bake at 350 degrees. When done, put holes in top of cake and
pour the glaze over it.


GLAZE:

Mix together: 1/2 c. buttermilk 3 tbsp. butter 1 tbsp. corn
syrup

Boil for 3 minutes and pour on top of cake. Let cake set
until cool.

No comments: