Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, July 20, 2013

CHOCOLATE CHIPS COOKIES



The best chocolate chips cookies I ever made. The chocolate chips in the cookies are moist and creamy. I found the recipe on the internet. It can be also made using white chocolate chips or a mixture of both. Original recipe makes 40 cookies.

1 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips


Constantin is working hard to create the perfect cookies :))

Directions

1.            Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2.            In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder; mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place them one inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3.            Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

The final product:



No comments: