Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, December 19, 2013

HEALTHY KALE RECIPE




It is very easy to make and very tasty. I am not a kale fun (shame on me ) but I like this one. Also has three superfoods in one dish: kale, olive oil, pumpkinseeds ! It is a keeper.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 bunches kale (greens separated from stems)
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
  • 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS:
Chop kale greens into 1-inch pieces and stems into 1/4-inch pieces. Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and chopped kale stems and cook about 3 minutes while stirring. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add kale greens and turn to coat. Add balsamic vinegar, salt and red pepper flakes (if using). Stir and cover. Cook until kale greens are wilted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds. Serves four.

No comments: