Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLE KALE SALAD

1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced parsnips
½ cup sliced leeks
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch lacinato kale
½ cup sunflower seeds (in the video referred to as sesame seeds- oops!)
¼- ½ cup dressing of choice (something like the dressing inthis recipe)
  1. Add diced carrots, parsnips, and leeks to an 8×8 baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Roast at 400º for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Remove from heat and let cool.
  2. To prep the kale, tear from the stems as shown in the video. Tear leaves into bite-sized pieces, add to a large bowl. Prep all kale, and then massage gently with your hands until kale is wilted to about half the volume. Add a tablespoon of dressing and massage a bit more until leaves are coated. Drain off any excess green juice.
  3. Add cooled, roasted vegetables and sunflower seeds to the salad, and toss with remaining dressing. Serve to everyone you love!

No comments: