Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

MAPLE BERRY RICE PUDDING

Servings: 4
Preparation 5 min
Cooking : 30 min.
Per serving: 182 Cal, 6 G protein, 36 g carb., 2 g fat, 3.4 fibre, 56 mg sodium, 174 mg calcium

Ingredients:
1 tbsp (15 ml) all-purpose flour
2 cups (500ml ) milk
1/3 cup (75 ml ) short-grain ( Arborio) rice
2 tbsp  (30 ml) pure  naplemente syrup
1/2 (2 ml) vanilla extract
2 cups (500 ml) blueberries, raspberries, or a mixture (thawed, if frozen)

Preparation:
In a deep heavy saucepan, whisk flour into milk. Stir in rice and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 - 25 minutes or until rice is very tender.
Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Let cool slightly ( the pudding will thicken upon cooling). Stir in berries.
Divide the pudding among 4 small bowls.
Serve warm or cold.

Very good! I will make it again.

No comments: