Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

SPICED QUINOA


Recipe by  
"This recipe combines pungent Mediterranean and Indian flavors for a quick and delicious side dish."
Back
Next

Original recipe makes 2 cups Change Servings
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup quinoa
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
  • 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
  • 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in hot water and drained (optional)

Directions

  1. Stir together the olive oil, onion, and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the quinoa, curry powder, salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes until the quinoa is tender.
  2. Once the quinoa has finished cooking, stir in the drained garbanzo beans, toasted pine nuts, and raisins. Serve warm or cold.
Kitchen-Friendly View
  • PREP 20 mins
  • COOK 25 mins
  • READY IN 45 mins

No comments: