Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

SAVOY CABBAGE STEW WITH GORGONZOLA CHEESE CROSTINI



Very, very tasty!!
 
Makes/serves 4 servings
Duration 1 hr 30 mins
Difficulty Moderate
Categories
  • Vegetarian
Source Chef Patrik Jaros
Savoy cabbage Stew with gorgonzola cheese crostini

Ingredients

  • 600 g savoy cabbage
  • 120 g chickpeas
  • 120 g gorgonzola cheese
  • 12 broad slices
  • 2 onions
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 l Vegetable broth
  • 3 T olive oil extra vergine
  • 1 spring of rosemary
  • ½ bunch parsley
  • Fresh ground nutmeg
  • Salt
  • Fresh ground black pepper

Preparation

  • 1 Cut the outer leaves from the savoy cabbage, wash and halve. Cut also the stem.
  • 2 Cut the savoy cabbage into 3 cm cubes.
  • 3 Peel the onions, halve and cut into thin strips.
  • 4 Soak the chickpeas overnight into water. Peel the garlic clove and cut also into thin strips. Sweat in heated oil. Add the savoy cabbage and the chickpeas, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and add the broth and rosemary. Simmer for 45 minutes.
  • 5 Preheat the oven (200 °C, 390 °F). Put the cheese on the bread and bake. The stew tastes better when the chickpeas very soft are. Mix the chopped parsley and serve.

More Photos

No comments: