Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

PUMPKIN CAKE

by my sister JoAnn
Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix (minus 1 cup, set aside for topping)
  • 1 stick butter (8 Tablespoons)
  • 1 egg
Mix with hand mixer (or in food processor) and press into greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
pumpkin pie cake

Prepare your favorite Pumpkin Pie filling recipe or this:
  • 1 large can pumpkin
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Mace
  • 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
  • 4 eggs (beaten)
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
Pour over crust.


pumpkin pie cake

Topping:
Add 3 Tablespoons cold butter and 1 Tablespoon cinnamon to reserved cup of dry cake mix. Cut butter into cake mix until crumbly.
Sprinkle topping over pumpkin pie filling.
pumpkin pie cake
Bake at 350 degree for 60 – 70 minutes.  Just keep an eye on it after the 60 minute mark. You want it to be “set” in the middle. So if you shake the pan a little and it doesn’t “jiggle”, you should be good.)
Let cool and serve with whipped cream on top!

No comments: