Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, November 14, 2014

SIMPLE GINGER CHICKEN TACOS

Ingredients:
1 three-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick matchstick (1/2 cup)
2tbsps oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless , skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
1 large onion , thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic minced

Directions:
Soak ginger in cold water 10 min, drain.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook ginger, onion, and add the garlic in the last 5 minute, stirring in the chicken cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
Warm up tortillas in a pan with a teaspoon of water and lid on.
Add salsa , guacamole, and slaw... enjoy.

No comments: