Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, April 05, 2012

SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH LAMB

This is a traditional Easter recipe from Transylvania; we always had it Easter morning.  We started to talk about it weeks before Easter; If we will be able to found the right meat, fresh eggs; and how tasty it will be. I can not imagine Easter without it. I am very happy that my daughter, - living in North America-,  is keeping this tradition alive.    

 Ingredients:
1 kg Lamb ribs/ lamb meat ( the best meat is usually on the bone - pieces should be about 1-2 inches long)
Vinegar (optional)
Oil
4 eggs
Milk (optional)
2-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Directions:
Mix hot water with a few tablespoons of vinegar, pour over the meat. This should remove the lamb smell. Wash the meat in cold water. Remove any fat from the meat, and sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet and add lamb meat. You may pour 1-2 tbsp of water under the meat if it starts to burn. While the meat is cooking, in a bowl whisk eggs and parsley ( and 1-2 tbsp of milk - optional). Pour over the meat and cook until done.

No comments: