Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

SQUID WITH GINGER-SOY SAUCE MARINADE

Recipe by Tadashi Ono, executive chef of Matsuri in New York City
My husband found this recipe, and I copied in my blog, to have it for the Summer BBQ season. I will ad the picture asa I made it.  
What you’ll need:
1 pound small squid (bodies and tentacles), cleaned
½ cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
3 Tbsp mirin
How to make it:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, ginger, and mirin. Reserve ½ cup of the marinade. Add the squid in the meaning liquid, turning gently to coat. Marinate the squid for 10 minutes at room temperature, turning once.
2. Preheat a grill to direct, high heat (or white-hot charcoals). Grill the squid until opaque*, about four minutes total, flipping every 30 seconds and brushing with the reserved marinade. Serve immediately (shown here topped with black sesame seeds, chopped chives and grilled baby eggplant with Sriracha). Serves 4.
*Japanese pushcart vendors usually grill on a mesh-type grill grate with smaller slots than the typical American grill. If you’re grilling squid tentacles, they may slip through the cracks of the grill. To prevent this, cook the tentacles in a cast iron skillet or skewer them first. Or you can skip the tentacles and just pick up the bodies from your seafood counter or fishmonger. 
Sent from my iPad

No comments: