Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

AVOCADO BANANA BREAD

I did not have time to make it yet but, I think is an excellent breakfast bread. It has only good, healthy, tasty ingredients. I have to make it soon.

2 cups (500 ml) whole wheat flour
1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 avocados, pureed
2 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup (175 ml) honey
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt. In a large bowl, combine avocado, banana, honey and vanilla.  Fold dry mixture into the avocado-banana mixture. Once combined, spoon into greased  mini-loaf pans, spreading evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into middle of loaf comes out clean. Let cool then run a knife along the edges and and invert to release.
Make 8 mini loaves. Will keep fresh covered in a container for up to five days. 
Per serving: one mini loaf:
308 cal, 6 g pro, 8 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 59 g carb, 8 g fibre, 0 mg chol, 249 mg sodium.

No comments: