Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

BASA FISH FILLET

 After deciding to eat fish every week, we bought a few bags of different frozen fish fillet at COSCO.  One of these fish fillet are the basa. Basa is a fresh water fish in the same family as the catfish. I found this recipe on the Internet. It is very good. The only thing, that I used one already prepared fish condiment which was to salty for us, as we are not using salt at all.

Ingredients:
2 tbsps of cornmeal
2 tbsps of Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp of flour
1 kilo (2 pounds) of basa fish fillets
2 tbsps of lemon pepper (or some other herbs/spices you enjoy)
2 tbsps of fresh, chopped, parsley 
1/2 cup of roasted almonds (you can use other nuts, such as pine nuts, if you don't like almonds)
lemon juice

  1. Mix the almonds, cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, flour and lemon pepper in a bowl.
  2. Dip the basa fillets in the bowl and coat them throughly with the mixture.
  3. Sprinkle some lemon juice over the fish fillets
  4. Place on a baking sheet and bake the fish at 400F (200 degrees C) for 15-20 minutes.
Serving Tip: Garnish with parsley and serve with some tartar sauce

No comments: