Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

POPPYSEED CAKE

Last week we had our friend visiting from Austria. We chat, went shopping (not to much), we baked cooked, trying new recipes. She made this wonderful cake which tasted great. Also she wrote down the recipe so I can do it myself :-(  :-( . It was much easier to just watch and eat. :-)  :-) 

100 g butter or margarine
30 g icing sugar
1 pckage of vanillesugar
1 tsp cinnamon
a little bit of salt (if poppy is unsalted)
4 eggs
90 g sugar
150 g crunched poppy
70 g crunched hazelnuts

Beat the 4 eggwhites with 90 g sugar, put away; mix the poppy and the hazelnuts with a tsp of baking powder, put away;
Beat the butter with the yellow of eggs(?) and the vanillasugar and cinnamon and salt, put inside the poppy-nut-mixture, then the beaten eggwhite.
Put into the form and bake it about 45 – 50 minutes.
Cool it.
For cream take 500ml no fat yoghurt, 250 g of no or low fat cream cheese, 2 tblesp of lemonjuice, some vanillaextract, mix it. Solve 6 leaves of gelatine and mix it to the cream. Give it on the cake, put it into the fridge for about 2 hours.
Crunch (?) 500 g of berries, give a bit of stevia or sweetener to it, solve 5 leaves of gelatins and put it to the berries, give it onto the cream and let it cool in the fridge for about another hour.

No comments: