Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

CAPPUCCINO CHEESECAKES

I had a brick of cream cheese and one unopened yoghourt in my fridge. They were there for more than a week and I had no idea for what to use them. When I opened the yoghourt, there was this recipe inside. It was easy to make and the end product delicious.

1 3/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup natural yoghourt
1/4 cup strong coffee or espresso
2 eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch

Crust: Preheat owen to 325F (160C). Mix cookie crumbs and butter until combined. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons of crumb mixture into 12 paper lined muffin cups (large). Press firmly into bottom of each cup.
Filling: Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until creamy. Add yogourt slowly. Gradually add remaining ingredients. Spoon cream  cheese mixture evenly into crusts. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, or until cheesecakes have set. For an elegant presentation drizzle with melted chocolate or dust with cocoa powder.

No comments: