Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

BRUSSELS SPROUTS

We don't  really like Brussels sprouts . More exactly we don't like the smell of a Brussels sprout dish. This summer we visited our daughter and she served this Brussels sprout dish whit no the typical smell. 

Wash the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.  Then blanch them in boiling water.
Meanwhile preheat oven to 400 F.
Once the Brussels sprouts are blanched, drain them. Pour some olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can also put some crushed garlic.
Distribute evenly on baking pan and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Stir half way through.

No comments: