Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, October 19, 2012

DOG TREAT


Ingredients Edit and Save







I started to bake dog treats for our dog , Lucky after seeing the documentary about the quality of commercial dog treats. So after a lengthy search, because there are hundred if not thousand of recipes on the internet, I decided on this. I cut the dough with the pizza cutter.     Original recipe makes 3 dozen treats, depending on sizeChange Servings

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
  2. Mix together whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cornmeal and oats. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and gradually pour in water, oil, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well.
  3. On a flat surface use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Cut the dough into dog biscuit shapes using a cookie cutter. Place the biscuits onto the prepared cookie sheet.
  4. Bake the cookies for 20 minutes. After the biscuits have cooked 20 minutes turn off the oven off but let the biscuits remain inside the oven for another 20 minutes to harden.

No comments: