Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, October 15, 2012

CARROT CAKE


My daughter favourite cakes are the different carrot cakes, therefor I was delighted when I saw this recipe on my favourite website, "Real Simple Recipes".  
Serves 10 (makes 1 cake)Hands-On Time: 30mTotal Time: 2hr 00m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350° F. Butter two 8-inch round cake pans, line the bottoms with parchment, butter again, and dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Place the butter, sour cream, and eggs in the well. Whisk together, then gradually incorporate the dry ingredients (the batter will be thick). Fold in the carrots, pecans, and raisins.
  3. Transfer the batter to the prepared pans and bake, rotating pans halfway through, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool the cakes in the pans for 15 minutes, then turn out onto racks to cool completely.
  4. Invert one of the cooled cakes on a serving plate and spread with 1 cup of the frosting. Top with the remaining cake. Spread the top and sides with the remaining frosting. Sprinkle with pecans.
By Kristin Evans Dittami , September, 2012


Nutritional Information

  • Per Serving
  • Calories 806
  • Fat 40g
  • Sat Fat 20g
  • Cholesterol 149mg
  • Sodium 680mg
  • Protein 9g
  • Carbohydrate 108g
  • Sugar 82g
  • Fiber 3g
  • Iron 2mg
  • Calcium 95mg


No comments: