Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, October 01, 2012

QUICK CURRY


Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and scallion whites and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the curry powder. Add the carrots, potato, lentils, broth, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lentils and vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
  2. Sprinkle the curry with the scallion greens and serve with the naan and lime wedges.
By Dawn Perry , October, 2012


Nutritional Information

  • Per Serving
  • Calories 374
  • Fat 11g
  • Sat Fat 1g
  • Cholesterol 5mg
  • Sodium 549mg
  • Protein 19g
  • Carbohydrate 50g
  • Sugar 7g
  • Fiber 6g
  • Iron 3mg
  • Calcium 78mg

No comments: