Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, November 01, 2012

BANANA BREAD


INGREDIENTS

*   3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
*   1/3 cup melted butter
*   1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
*   1 egg, beaten
*   1 teaspoon vanilla
*   1 teaspoon baking soda
*   Pinch of salt
*   1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
*   Chocolate and butterscotch chips

METHOD

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour and chocolate/butterscotch chips last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

No comments: