Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, April 14, 2014

APPLE AND CABBAGE SALAD - DETOX




Ingredients

1/2 head Savoy cabbage
1/2 head red cabbage
1 Fuji apple
1/4 red onion
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup golden raisin

For the dressing:
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons agave nectar
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Directions

  1. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, thinly slice the cabbage, apple, and red onion to resemble extremely fine confetti; transfer to a large bowl.
  2. Add the walnuts and raisins. Toss gently to combine.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
  4. Top the salad with the dressing. Using salad tongs, mix until evenly dressed.

No comments: