Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, April 05, 2014

CILANTRO-ALMOND PESTO

This pesto gives a really nice punch to a salami and cheddar. I’ve also tried it on pizza, pastas, and steamed vegetables, tossed it with baked tofu, and spooned it in tacos. I even put it on scrambled eggs. As a secret flavor weapon, it’s on point.

1 bunch (about 3 1/2 ounces) cilantro, including stems
5 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup toasted unsalted almonds
4 medium garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon sea salt
Combine everything in the bowl of a food processor and process for 30 seconds on high. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl, then process for 30 more seconds. Done.

Good for a week in the fridge.

No comments: