Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, April 14, 2014

SKILLET ROSEMARY CHICKEN PALEO

Servings SERVES: 4Preparation time PREP: 15 min.Cooking time COOK: 30 min.

Ingredients

  • 4-6, bone-in chicken thighs, skin on or off;
  • 20oz (about 1 lb) mixed mushrooms, cut in half;
  • 2 sprigs fresh rosemary;
  • 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves, minced;
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced;
  • 2 lemons;
  • 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil;
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
Chicken preparation

Preparation

  1. Preheat your oven to 450F.
  2. In a bowl, mix up the rosemary-garlic vinaigrette by combining the minced rosemary, garlic, olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Coat each chicken piece with the vinaigrette.
  4. Heat an oven-safe skillet over a medium-high and sear the chicken, skin-side down, until browned, about 5 minutes.
  5. Remove the chicken from pan and add the mushrooms. Then return the chicken to the pan on top of the mushrooms and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and the juice from the other lemon.
  6. Add the rosemary sprig and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet and place in the oven.
  7. Roast for 20 to 25 min.

No comments: