Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, April 14, 2014

CUCUMBER CAPRESE SALAD



Ingredients
2 cucumbers
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (about 30)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 cup fresh mozzarella (I like to use the little balls)
1 avocado
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Wash the cucumbers and dry them off. Cut into 1/4-inch slices, then cut those in quarters so you're left with triangular-shaped cucumber pieces.
  2. Wash and dry the tomatoes. Cut them in quarters.
  3. Dice the avocado.
  4. Place the cukes, tomatoes, avocado, basil, and mozzarella in a bowl. Pour on the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
  5. Tastes best if served immediately.
Serves four.
Check out the nutritional info below. This salad is super healthy!
Serving Size 1/4 of the salad
Calories 236
Total Fat 16.8 g
Sat. Fat 5.2 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 234 mg
Carbs 14.4 g
Fiber 5.1 g
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 10.1 g
I

No comments: