Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

BLUEBERRY BANANA NUT BREAD

You’ve had banana bread, probably banana nut bread, and maybe a blueberry lemon combination, but have you ever put sweet blueberries and bananas side-by-side in a bread that can be packed with nutty flavors too? If not, now is the time to try it, with a recipe from Devour

Ingredients:

  • 1 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ⅓ cup butter, softened
  • ⅔ cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3)
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • ⅔ cup walnuts (optional)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 × 5-inch loaf pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Beat the butter in a large bowl until creamy (I used my stand mixer). Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the flour mixture alternately with the bananas, a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth. Fold in blueberries and walnuts.
Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out almost clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Let the bread cool slightly, then remove from the pan and let cool completely in a baking rack.

No comments: