Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

BREAKFAST QUINOA


Recipe by  
"Delicious, filling, and comforting on a cold morning. It's really flexible, so substitute in your favorite nuts and fruit. Cashews and cherries are just my personal favorite."
Back
Next

Original recipe makes 2 servings Change Servings
  • 1/2 cup quinoa
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup cashew
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
  • 2 tablespoons creme fraiche (optional)

Directions

  1. Bring quinoa, water, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
  2. Mix cherries, cashews, and onion into the quinoa mixture; top with blackberries and creme fraiche.

No comments: