Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

CORNBREAD

For the perfect snack or accompaniment to a meal, make Daily Dish Recipesmoist, sweet cornbread.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1⅓ cups sugar
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ⅔ cup vegetable oil
  • ⅓ cup melted butter
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 2½ cups whole milk
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. In a large mixing bowl, stir the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour in the vegetable oil, melted butter, honey, beaten eggs, and milk, and stir just until moistened.
Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and bake for 45 minutes. Watch the cornbread towards the end, you want it to be turning golden and starting to show some cracks. Remove from oven, serve warm with butter or honey or simply plain. It’s amazing!

No comments: