Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

PALEO CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD

Go against the grain, and get rid of the grains entirely with this paleo quick bread from Elana’s Pantry. You can buy your almond flour, or make your own by grinding almonds in a food processor or blender.

Ingredients:

  • 1¼ cups blanched almond flour
  • ¼ cup cacao powder
  • ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • ¼ cup honey
  • ¼ teaspoon vanilla stevia
  • ¾ cup zucchini, grated
Directions: In a food processor combine almond flour and cacao powder. Pulse in salt and baking soda. Pulse in eggs, coconut oil and honey, stevia, then zucchini.
Transfer batter to a greased 6.5 x 4 inch baby loaf pan, dusted with almond flour. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool for 2 hours, serve!

No comments: