Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

CAULIFLOWER WITH PARSLEY BROWN BUTTER

May husband's favorite side dish is cauliflower. I can boil it, bake it, fry it, ... he loves it.  This recipe just came on time for me to try something new.

1 medium head cauliflower, cut in large florets
3 tbsp / 45 ml unsalted butter
Pinch salt
1/4 cup / 60 ml minced parsley
1 tbsp / 15 ml lemon juice

In pot of boiling lightly salted water, blanch cauliflower to taste until tender crisp, 3 minutes, or tender, 8 minutes.  Drain well, shaking out excess water.

Meanwhile, in skillet, heat butter and salt over medium heat, without stirring, until light brown and nutty smelling, 4 to 6 minutes; stir in parsley and lemon juice. Add cauliflower; toss to coat.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Per each of 6 servings: about 81 cal, 2g pro, 6g total fat (4g sat fat), 5g carb, 3g fibre, 15 mg chol, 311 mg sodium, 192 mg potassium. %RDI: 3%calcium, 3% iron, 10% vit A, 77% vit C, 15% folate.

No comments: