Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

QUINOA TABBOULEH

4 cups (1L) cooked quinoa
1 red, orange or yellow pepper, diced
1 cup (250 ml) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
2 to 4 green onions, sliced thinly
2 mini cucumbers, halved, seeded and sliced
1/4 cup (50 ml) mint, chopped
1/4 cup (50 ml) parsley, chopped
1/2 cup (75 ml) lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup (75 ml) extra virgin olive oil

Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool and place in a large bowl.
Add red pepper, tomatoes, green onions, cucumbers, mint and parsley.
In a separate bowl, mix lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk to dissolve salt. While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil to emulsify. Pour about three-quarters of the dressing over the salad and toss. Add the remaining dressing if the salad seems dry.

Per serving: 795 cal, 0 mg cholesterol, 114.3 g carbohydrates, 3.7 g saturated fat, 596 mg sodium.

No comments: