Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, October 21, 2011

MAPLE-ROASTED SWEET POTATOES

I have not tried yet; however  my daughter become very excited "how yummmy  this sounds", so I am writing it down so she can make it.  However, I amsure that I will make it myself, soon  :-)   :-)  

2 1/2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces (about 8 cups)
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 F. 
Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, 45 to 50 minutes more.

12 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Nutrition: per serving: 96 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fibre; 118 mg sodium; 189 mg potassium.

Make ahead tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Just before serving reheat at 350 F until hot, about 15 minutes. 

No comments: