Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, October 10, 2011

VANILLEKIPFERL VANILIAS KIFFLI

Vanillekipferl is my husband's favorite cookies.  I can't make enough. Until now I had to make the little cookies by hand, a very time consuming activity.  This year in Europe finally I found and bought the special baking sheet, made only for these little cookies. What a relive.

here is the recipe from the baking sheet cover:

95 g all purpose flour
25 g almond
60 g sugar
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
100 g butter at room temperature
1 egg

Heat oven to 350 F  (160C). 
Mix together all ingredients.  Using a spatula fill the little forms in the baking sheet.  Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or till the cookies are light golden brown. Sprinkle with icing sugar when they are still warm.

No comments: