Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

CHESS CAKE (ORIGINAL RECIPE)

Ingredients :
one (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
one cup butter melted
one (8 ounce) package cream cheese
one (1 pound) box confectioners' sugar

In a large bowl mix together by hand the cake mix, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup butter. Press the mixture into a lightly greased and floured 9" x 13" glass baking dish. In the bowl of an electric mixer blend the cream cheese 2 eggs, remaining butter and confectioners' sugar and pour the mixture over the pressed cake batter. Bake the cake at 350F for a maximum of 45 minutes.
Serves 12 - 14

No comments: