Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

MAPLE SYRUP, BACON AND BLUEBERRY BREAD PUDDING


5 cups (600g) stale French bread (6-8 thick slices) cut in 1.5 in cubes
1/2 cup (225g) bacon (15-20 slices
4 large eggs
3 large egg yolk
1 cup (250 ml) half & half 10% cream
1/3 cup (75 ml) maple syrup
2/3 cup (160 ml) butter melted
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) blueberries - fresh or frozen

pre-heat oven to 350F (175 C). Butter a non-stick 8x8 in (22cm) baking pan. Cut stale bread into cubes and set aside. Fry slices of bacon in a pan, let cool and cut into 3/4 inch pieces.
In a large bowl whisk together eggs, egg yolks , cream, butter and maple syrup. Soak cubed stale bread in egg mixture for 10-20 min until bread absorbs egg mixture. Fold in bacon and blueberries.
Pour into buttered baking pan. Bake in a oven for 50-65 minutes until bubbling and golden brown. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.

From:  Capital City News, Thursday September20, 2012
Bcblueberry.com

No comments: