Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

ARUGULA PESTO

Great for pastas.

• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
• 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
• 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves, well rinsed and towel-dried
• 1 1/2 packed cups fresh spinach leaves, well rinsed and towel-dried
• 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
. Make the arugula pesto: With the motor running, drop the garlic through the feed tube of a food processor to mince. Add the pine nuts, arugula, spinach, and Parmesan and pulse until the greens are finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add the oil to make a thick paste. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. (The pesto can be made up to 2 hours ahead and kept at room temperature.)

No comments: