Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

LAVENDER JAM


MAKES FIVE 8-OUNCE JARS OF LAVENDER JAM
.
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 package (1.59 ounces) freezer jam fruit pectin
• 4 cups crushed strawberries, marionberries, raspberries or whatever fruit is in season
• 2 teaspoons crushed culinary lavender
• 1/2 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
• 5 (8-ounce) freezer jars
1. Stir sugar and the pectin together in a bowl until well blended.
2. Add fruit, lavender and lemon zest. Stir 3 minutes.
3. Ladle jam into clean jars to the fill line. Twist on the lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate Lavender Jam up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.

This article is excerpted from The Lavender Lover’s Handbook (Timber Pre


Read more: http://www.herbcompanion.com/cook/cooking/lavender-jam-recipe-zmrz12jjzdeb.aspx#ixzz1vROqxQ28

No comments: