Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

LEMONY ASPARAGUS WITH PINE NUTS AND PARMESAN


Serves 4Hands-On Time: 15m Total Time: 20m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
  2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the pine nuts and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and Parmesan.
By Charlyne Mattox,  May 2012

No comments: