Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

FRESH PLUMS WITH POLENTA CAKE

Serves 8| Hands-On Time: 35m | Total Time: 1hr 30m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch square baking dish. Slice the plums into a bowl. Sprinkle with ¼ cup of the sugar and toss; set aside.
  2. In a small saucepan, over low heat, warm the milk and vanilla. Add the butter, zest, and salt. Bring to a simmer. Whisking constantly, slowly stir in the polenta. Cook, still whisking, for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the honey, egg yolks, and 3 tablespoons of the remaining sugar and whisk until combined. Let cool until lukewarm.
  3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, beat the egg whites and the remaining sugar until soft peaks form. With a spatula, fold the egg white mixture into the polenta mixture.
  4. Pour the batter into the prepared dish. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes. Slice and top with the plums and whipped cream. 

Nutritional Information

  • Per Serving
  • Calories 387Calories From Fat 39%
  • Fat  17g
  • Sat Fat  9g
  • Cholesterol  142mg
  • Sodium  184mg
  • Carbohydrate  54g
  • Fiber  2g
  • Sugar  42g
  • Protein  7g
What does t

No comments: