Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

MEXICAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

Serves 6| Hands-On Time: 20m | Total Time: 2hr 00m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat an 8-inch round cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
  2. Combine all the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth. Pour into the pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  3. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
  4. When the cake has cooled, whisk together the first three glaze ingredients. Dip each strawberry into the glaze and set aside. Pour the remaining glaze over the cake and arrange the strawberries on top. Set aside to dry, about 30 minutes.

Nutritional Information

  • Per Serving
  • Calories 450
  • Calcium  36mg
  • Carbohydrate  87g
  • Cholesterol  0mg
  • Fat  12g
  • Fiber  6g
  • Iron  4mg
  • Protein  6mg
  • Sat Fat  2g
  • Sodium  312mg

No comments: