Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

BUTTERSCOTCH BANANAS WITH VANILLA ICE CEAME


This recipe is from RealSimple web side. It was the August 4, 2012 Daily Recipe.  It tastes good, it looks good. 

Serves 8Hands-On Time: 15mTotal Time: 20m

Ingredients
  • 1/2  cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 1  cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/4  cup dark rum
  • 2  pints vanilla ice cream
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 375° F.
  1. Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 5 to 6 minutes; roughly chop.
  1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sugar and cinnamon and cook, whisking occasionally, until smooth, 4 to 5 minutes.
  1. Gently stir in the bananas. Remove from heat and add the rum. Using a match, carefully ignite the mixture and wait until the flame goes out. Stir in the pecans.
  1. Serve the bananas and sauce over the ice cream.
By Kate Merker , December, 2008


No comments: