Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

MARMALADE CHICKEN WITH ARUGULA AND POTATO SALAD


Recipe is from the Real Simple Recipes website. Serves 4Hands-On Time: 20mTotal Time: 20m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Steam the potatoes in a steamer basket in a large saucepan until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the arugula and potatoes and toss to coat.
  2. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high. In a shallow dish, whisk together the marmalade, vinegar, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Grill the chicken until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with the salad.
By Charlyne Mattox , August, 2012


Nutritional Information

  • Per Serving
  • Calories 489
  • Fat 13g
  • Sat Fat 2g
  • Cholesterol 78mg
  • Sodium 468mg
  • Protein 33g
  • Carbohydrate 58g
  • Sugar 25g
  • Fiber 3g
  • Iron 3mg
  • Calcium 69mg

No comments: