Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, August 02, 2012

TOMATO, CUCUMBER, AND QUINOA SALAD


This is the Real Simple Daily Recipe for July 30, 2012
Serve this hearty salad on the side or add roasted almonds and crumbled Feta to turn it into a full-fledged main dish.
Serves 4Hands-On Time: 10mTotal Time: 20m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Cook the quinoa according to the package directions; let cool.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, and arugula and toss to combine; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
By Charlyne Mattox , August, 2012

No comments: