Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, August 09, 2012

STEAK WITH CORN AND BLACK-EYED PEA SALAD


This is from RealSimple website. It is the daily recipe for Aug 8, 2012.  
Serves 4Hands-On Time: 20mTotal Time: 20m


Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat grill to medium-high. Season the steaks with the seafood seasoning and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Brush the corn and onion with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
  2. Grill the steaks, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill the corn and onion, turning occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Let the steak rest before slicing.
  3. Cut the kernels off the cobs and combine in a medium bowl with the onion, black-eyed peas, chives, vinegar, and the remaining tablespoon of oil. Serve with the steak.
By Dawn Perry , August, 2012

No comments: